BCP Council (Poole area): Matt is delighted to announce that he has recently secured planning permission for the demolition of an existing tired bungalow and the erection of two 3-storey contemporary dwellings which have been designed to a very high standard by DMW Architects.
The scheme followed a number of refused planning permissions on nearby plots for a similar type of development. We liaised with the architects early on in the design process to ensure that the scheme was compatible with its surroundings. We also put together a robust planning submission in the form of a comprehensive Design and Access Statement to justify why this scheme was acceptable in terms of the scale and design, impact on the character and appearance of the area and neighbouring amenity.
Following some time (it was almost 9 months from validation to decision being received – but that isn’t uncommon given the state the BCP department is in currently!) the planning officer agreed confirming in her report that:
· The proposal will provide acceptable living conditions for future occupiers
· The proposal will not detrimentally impact the character and appearance of the area.
· The proposal will not cause material harm to the amenities and privacy of the occupants of neighbouring properties.
· The proposal will not detrimentally impact highway safety or parking.
· The proposal will not detrimentally impact protected trees within the area.
If you have an existing bungalow on a large plot and would like to explore its development potential, please contact Pure Town Planning on 01202 585524 or email email@example.com for a confidential planning appraisal.