BCP Council (Bournemouth): Matt Annen is pleased to announce that he has recently secured full planning permission for the demolition of an existing bungalow and the erection of 2 x four bedroom semi-detached dwellings close to Southbourne cliff top in Bournemouth.
We provided initial advice and guidance to the applicant and his architectural designer on what could be acceptable; noting constraints (e.g. acceptable back-to-back distances, avoiding overlooking etc) and giving a steer on the scale of units and parking provision.
Following a couple of minor tweaks which the planning officer requested during the process the planning officer concluded that:
• “The proposed development would not be harmful to the character and appearance of the area
• The proposed development would not have a detrimental impact on the living conditions of neighbouring residents.
• The proposed development would provide an acceptable standard of living conditions for future occupants.
• The application would not result in any highway safety or traffic implications subject to compliance with conditions
• The application would be acceptable in terms of trees”
Despite the application being relatively uncontentious when compared to other applications in this area – only 4 letters of objection were received, it still took the Council almost 5 months from submission to decision, such is the delay with BCP Council at the moment, and this is sadly one of the quicker schemes which demonstrates just how poor the service at the Council is at the moment.
If you own a bungalow and would like to explore its development potential, please contact Pure Town Planning on 01202 585524 or email email@example.com for a confidential planning appraisal.